Beginning music students will develop a solid rhythmic foundation with this energetic rhythm game. Rhythm Riot (TM) delivers results while creating enthusiasm and is the perfect companion to any curriculum. Great for two to 30 players, this music classroom game is easy to fit into any time available.
- Level 1 includes quarter, half, dotted half, whole notes, and their corresponding rests in 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 time.
- This game set includes thirty game boards, an oversized calling card deck, tempo spinner, winks, and instructions.
Students perform the rhythm on the calling card then mark the indicated rhythm on his or her game board. Get a riot (four covered rhythms in a row) and win the game! Your students will gain an understanding of tempo and be able to read, count, and perform many different rhythm patterns after playing this classroom rhythm game.
Whether you clap, stomp, or use rhythm instruments, the students are guaranteed to have fun with this music classroom game.
- When playing this game with students who are struggling with rhythm, it may be best to play without the metronome and spinner. Add the metronome when the students are more comfortable with performing the rhythms.
- With a group of students, ask some to perform the rhythm on the card while others are designated to “keep the beat” by performing quarter notes when doing rhythms in quarter time.
- A student or teacher can perform the rhythm, and the other players need to figure out the rhythm and check their card for a match.
- Organize your drum circle using the Rhythm Riot cards!
Legato Lake ™ is a perfect way to introduce and review music terms and symbols in your elementary classroom. Great for two to thirty players, this classroom music game is the perfect companion to any curriculum. Be the first to catch all of the fish in your lake to win the game!
This primer level classroom music game teaches basic elementary concepts such as note values, dynamics, music terms, and symbols.
Teachers will appreciate how quick and easy this music terms and symbols game is to learn and play.
Each game package includes 30 “lake” game boards, an oversized calling card deck, winks, and instructions.
After playing Legato Lake, students will become more aware of the music terms and symbols in their songs.
“A brilliant way to reinforce those “must know” concepts. The students get a chance to articulate their knowledge by reading the cards. They love the brightly colored fish and the see-through markers. Definitely worth it–very versatile to be used with the teacher and one or more students. My students are excited about the next level!” Linda R. Teacher