Beginning through advanced music students will develop a solid rhythmic foundation with this comprehensive rhythm game. Rhythm Riot ™ delivers results while creating enthusiasm and is the perfect companion to any method. Great for individual or group lessons with up to eight players, play this music game in as little as ten minutes, or modify it to fit the lesson time available.
- Level 1 includes quarter, half, dotted half, whole notes, and their corresponding rests in 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 time. Level 2 adds eighth notes.
- Level 3 includes the dotted quarter, eighth note triplets, sixteenth, and some syncopation. Level 4 adds dotted eighth, triplets and duplets in the same measure, and more syncopation.
- In level 5, students learn compound meter; 3/8, 6/8, and 9/8 and half time; 2/2, 3/2, and 4/2, in level 6.
- The bundle contains levels 1-2 and 3-4 and 5-6
- This game set includes eight double-sided game boards, two card decks, tempo spinner, winks, and instructions.
Students perform the rhythm on the calling card then marks the indicated rhythm on his or her game board. Get a riot (4 covered rhythms in a row) and win the game! Your students will gain a solid understanding of tempo, read, count, and perform rhythm patterns after playing this rhythm game just once!
Thank you so much for these teaching tools. They have made learning fun, and I appreciate you both so much. – Linda Sharp