Beginning music students will develop a solid rhythmic foundation with this energetic rhythm game. Rhythm Riot™™ delivers results while creating enthusiasm and is the perfect companion to any curriculum. Great for two to 30 players, this music classroom game is easy to fit into any time available.
- Level 1 includes quarter, half, dotted half, whole notes, and their corresponding rests in 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 time.
- This game set includes thirty game boards, an oversized calling card deck, tempo spinner, and instructions. Small plastic markers (such as winks) will need to be added to this set.
Students perform the rhythm on the calling card then mark the indicated rhythm on his or her game board. Get a riot (four covered rhythms in a row) and win the game! Your students will gain an understanding of tempo and be able to read, count, and perform many different rhythm patterns after playing this classroom rhythm game.
Whether you clap, stomp, or use rhythm instruments, the students are guaranteed to have fun with this music classroom game.
- When playing this game with students who are struggling with rhythm, it may be best to play without the metronome and spinner. Add the metronome when the students are more comfortable with performing the rhythms.
- With a group of students, ask some to perform the rhythm on the card while others are designated to “keep the beat” by performing quarter notes when doing rhythms in quarter time.
- A student or teacher can perform the rhythm, and the other players need to figure out the rhythm and check their card for a match.
- Organize your drum circle using the Rhythm Riot cards!
There are no reviews yet.