How Do I Play this Key Signature Game?
- Tiles are spread out on table so that the key signature information is not visible.
- Each player chooses 4 tiles.
- One additional tile is turned over to start the game.
- The first player must match either end of the first tile.
- A match consists of… a key signature and its corresponding Major or minor name OR a key signature and its corresponding signature in the other clef OR Major and its relative minor.
- Player two makes the second match.
- Win by being the first to use all your tiles.
What is Included?
Game package includes 36 key signature tiles and instructions.
Key Signatures Sharps Edition (2-4 players)
Learn to recognize Major sharp key signatures and their relative minors. The three matches for this game are the sharp key signature, its Major name, and the relative minor name. For example, one sharp would match either G Major or E minor. In like manner, G Major and E minor match each other.
The two games can be used together for the combined sharps and flats game. When combined, the games can be expanded to include parallel and enharmonic keys.
The Whirligig logo symbol tiles and the keys of C Major and A minor are all available in both sets of games. This makes it possible for those tiles to be used as the adjoining tiles that facilitate the combination set.
“Get those students knowing their keys inside and out, Major and minor with this fun, fast-paced game. Great for teacher and student or with several students. I love having overlapping schedules so that we can “borrow” five minutes of two lesson times. The satisfaction of seeing the students KNOW THEIR STUFF makes this a great addition to any studio!”