6-Minute Tour of
Are We There Yet? World Music Program
Perfect as a classroom activity, summer camp, or technology lab session during lessons, this curriculum is completely done for you! Customize classes by choosing slides and activities to fit YOUR schedule. Includes:
- Interactive PowerPoint file (download). PowerPoint (Mac or Windows) on a computer is required.
- Reproducible Passport (PDF Download of West Africa Pages)
- West Africa Teacher’s Guide
- Accompaniment Video
West Africa Highlights:
Africa Map, Flag, Sahara/Sub-Sahara Region, Kakum Nat’l Park, Victoria Falls, Ashanti, Music Across Africa, Polyrhythms, Call and Response, Syncopation, Talking Drum.
Kye Kye Kule, Sansa Kroma and Everybody Loves Saturday Night
Reproducible music with accompaniments for piano students is available as a separate download.
This program teaches world music, culture, people, places, geography, and music.
Slides include text, photos, videos, music, instrument crafts, games, and puzzles.
Easy to Use
Simply open and follow along! Written by an expert, this program is completely done for you.
Learn 3 native folk songs per country (reproducible vocal, color-coded Boomwhackers, rhythm.) Complete your ensemble with included accompaniments.
Students learn the characteristics of each county’s music and why it is important to their culture.
Hear the National Anthem of each country.
Additional writing activities & puzzles help keep students engaged and can be used as assessments.
Practice the piano music in the Piano Maestro app. (Piano Maestro subscription required.)
Using this Program:
- This PowerPoint is interactive and therefore the file is set to read-only to avoid accidental changes. A password is not required to view. When you open the PowerPoint presentation and it asks for a password to make changes, please select READ ONLY to view the slides. Slides must be in presentation mode to view links.
- Because of the nature of this unique program, this file will not work correctly in Keynote.
- All videos are in SafeShare. To view videos in this program, please log into your SafeShare account. You can create a free account if you do not already have one.