6-Minute Tour of Are We There Yet?
World Music Program
Perfect as a summer camp, technology lab session during lessons or classroom activity, this curriculum is completely done for you and updated in 2020! Customize classes by choosing slides and activities to fit YOUR schedule for up to 4 hours per country. Includes:
- Interactive PowerPoint file (download). PowerPoint (Mac or Windows) on a computer is required. (Because of the nature of this unique program, this file will not work properly if opened in Keynote.)
- Reproducible Passport (PDF Download of West Africa Pages)
- West Africa Teacher’s Guide
- Accompaniment Video
West Africa Highlights:
Africa Map, Flag, Sahara/Sub-Sahara Region, Kakum Nat’l Park, Victoria Falls, Ashanti, Music Across Africa, Polyrhythms, Call and Response, Syncopation, Talking Drum.
Kye Kye Kule, Sansa Kroma and Everybody Loves Saturday Night
Reproducible piano music with accompaniments for piano students is available as a separate download.
This program teaches world music, culture, people, places, geography and music.
Slides include text, photos, videos, music, instrument crafts, games and puzzles.
Easy to Use
Simply open and follow along! Written by an expert, this program is completely done for you.
Learn 3 native folk songs per country (reproducible vocal, color-coded Boomwhackers, rhythm.) Complete your ensemble with accompaniments.
Students learn characteristics of each county’s music and why it is important to their culture.
Hear the National Anthem for each country.
Additional writing activities & puzzles help keep students engaged and can be used as assessments.
in the Piano Maestro app. (Piano Maestro subscription required.)
Using this Program:
- This PowerPoint is interactive and therefore the file is set to read-only to avoid accidental changes. A password is not required to view. When you open the PowerPoint presentation and it asks for a password to make changes, please select READ ONLY to view the slides. Slides must be in presentation mode to view links.
- All videos are in SafeShare. To view videos in this program, please log into your SafeShare account. You can create a free account if you do not already have one.
Tanya Brooks –
I used this as an online group class last summer 2020. I’m still online due to the pandemic and will do it again online unless I get vaccinated. I’ll believe that when I see it! I did a group of three and they and the parents absolutely loved it! We did all the activities, sang, made the drum and at the last class we each made the recipes and ate them together in our online party. I have taught ethnomusicology at the local college in the past and I can tell you that this program would be great for any teacher who does not have the experience in teaching this subject. Just follow Michelle’s plan and you’re good to go!
I did add some of my previous material from my college class but that’s only because I had researched it and wanted to use some of my own info but it really wasn’t necessary. I did this for six weeks at one hour each.