The dice are excellent for the waiting area of any private or group studio, or during private or group lessons or classroom. A sheet of ideas and a self check chart for key signatures is included. There are key signatures up to 6 sharps and flats with symbols incorporated into the faces of the dice so that they won’t fall off. To play:toss, roll, or kick the dice, and name or use the major or minor key that is face up. If tossing, name the key where the student’s thumbs are located.
One happy teacher Laura Lowe, has posted these additional ideas on her blog for using these dice:
1. Teach the order of sharps and flats.
2. Fill in the blanks of the circle of fifths with the roll of the dice.
3. Spell or play the major or minor scale.
4. Play the primary chords in the major or minor key.
5. Improvise a short piece in the major or minor key.
6. Transpose a simple piece to the major or minor key.
7. Review scales for an upcoming exam – roll the dice and play “scale roulette.”